I've had it! I am done! I absolutely refuse to be influenced by the culture of our country. I am tired of feeling stressed out, being in a hurry, rarely having down time, overloading myself with commitments, always feeling like second class because I don't wear certain labels and drive a beat up car with a bajillion miles and peeling paint, and just generally being discontented with my life because I spend too much time comparing myself to others.
I'm taking a stand! I refuse to run through life like a chicken with my head cut off chasing after an ideal! I will drive as slow as I want, and will not endanger my life and the lives of everyone else on the road to save 2 minutes on my commute. I will not pay more for the same thing just because of a label. I will not purchase over priced cosmetics and unnecessary beauty treatments. I will listen to old music that I like, and won't care if that's not "cool". I will buy off brand groceries and drink cheap wine. I will drive my crappy car until the wheels fall off. I will not hoard massive amounts of stuff for myself that I don't need. I will not let commercials or popular trends influence my buying habits. I will not pay extra for someone to do something I can do myself. I will not overload my schedule with draining commitments. I will not try to do it all, be it all, and please everyone. I will not try to do everything on my own strength. I have nothing to prove. I will live simply and intentionally. I will be thankful for what I have, and use my gifts and resources to invest in eternal things (God, People's souls). I will invest in my marriage and serve my husband.
God help me be in this world but not of this world!
amen!! this is so true - there are way too many things to get in the way of what really matters.
ReplyDelete