Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Busy and Excited

I'm busy. I am only working 2 days this week, and we are only 1.5 weeks away from World Passion Week, one of our biggest events my department puts on all year. I am excited about it and hope the week will spur our congregation on to live lifestyles of evangelism and feel pumped and prepared to share their faith with whoever God has in their lives needing to hear it. However, since I only have 2 days to work this week, there is LOTS to do!

I'm only working 2 days because we are heading to Bald Head Island, NC for Paul's cousin, Ingrid's, wedding! Paul's whole family will be there and I absolutely cannot wait to see them all! We haven't all been together in 3 years! They are a lively bunch to say the least, and always a blast to be around.

On the plane, I plan to finish my 3rd book of the year, Maximum Ride by James Patterson. It was recommended to me by a friend who also loves young adult fiction, so I'm checking it out. I got it for free from money I made selling old books at Half Price Books. Love that store! I'm a little behind on my goal to read 1 book a month, but I'm trying to catch up!

To give an update on the progress of my goals for 2010, I had a "day with Jesus" yesterday, and spent an extended amount of time in the Word, praying, and reading Christian books. It was great and I felt refreshed and connected to Christ after that time! I'm not doing great with my daily Bible reading or working out goals, usually averaging working out 2x/week and reading my Bible 3-4 days/week, but I'm just trying to take it a day at a time & be excited about just that little improvement from where I was a few months ago, barely doing either of those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment